If you want to “Fast Track” your theory and avoid some classroom time, look no further
This 2 day course is designed to give you enough theory to be able to complete the Day Skipper practical course. You will NOT receive a theory certificate as this is not an RYA course.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. The two days theory do not have to be consecutive and can be arranged to suit you and your holiday plans.
Course topics include:
- The essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- GPS, AIS, Electronic navigation
- Position fixing
- Working up a Dead Reckoning and Estimated Position
- Plotting a course to steer
- Weather forecasting and meteorology
- Calculating tidal heights and streams
- Collision regulations